Created by MyFitnessPal - Nutrition Facts For Foods

Friday, April 6, 2012

Time to Chat..Catch up...laugh a little!!

Hello my Blogger Buddies,
I feel like it has been so long, since I have posted.   I even missed 10 Things Thursday, and I love 10 Things Thursday.  I do apologize for my absence. There is much to catch you all up on….WARNING, WARNING….this is a long one.

  1. With regards to my Band…oh, there are times this band and I just don’t get each other!!!  I had been struggling with the scale and thought I could be do to not enough caloric intake.  So I upped my cal count from 800-1000 to 1000-1200.  After the first week, things seemed good and the scale went down a bit.   I was happy to see the downward movement, however, 1 week is not enough to see if the change is good or bad, so I was going to stick to it for another week.  This is were the flood gates of CRAZY opened and the scale became far more then an enemy!!!  Geez!!  TOM arrived and I knew the scale would go up so I did not pay to much mind, but then as TOM was leaving the scale said 297.2!!! That is almost a 10 pound gain from my lowest low thus far 288.5!!  I was beside myself.  I knew it was not weight, it was water and TOM  but it had to GO!!  I was not sure how to do this.  After 3 days of a stead decrease in the scale it was still sticking at 294.6!!  NAY NAY!!  This is not accurate weight either, so I called my nutritionist and we had a discussion on what seemed to be the issue.  I also decided I was going to try out Donnas’ voodoo!!  (I will get there)….After I talked with the nutritionist she said, I want you to weigh yourself every morning after you wake up and every night before you go to bed, so we can see what your body is doing.  If you get the same weight for 3 weigh ins that is your real weight.  If you don’t then we can see what the scale is doing and what could be causing the fluctuation, the frustration, and try to work on that.   I was game!!  I did this for three days, and sure enough, the scale went down, down, down!!!  So we know it was water, not food and I can chill a little.  Thankfully I am back down as of yesterday to a new lowest low, 288.4, not much but after amost 2 weeks of up, up, up I am excited.   The unfortunate part is I have now wasted almost 2 weeks trying to figure this out and since my last fill I have lost .1!!Woo Hoo!!  I go on the 14th for my next visit and I am not happy about the results the Dr. will be seeing after 4 weeks.  However, learning how it all works together is part of the process and boy have we been learning a great deal the past couple weeks!!! 


  1. Donnas’ Voodoo!!  If I could be any more literal I would be commitable!!!  Donnas’ Voodoo is from Happily After Lap Band, go check out the details from her blog, I love her and she has such great things to read about, food suggestions and helpful links too….But in a nut shell, you take 2 TBLS of coconut oil to trick your brain into letting go….and add 2 TBLS of apple cider vinegar to a 20 oz water glass to boost immunity and what not….After the weeks I was having I needed some Voodoo.  Off to Trader Joe’s I went and low and behold those two items are literally next to each other on the aisle, so it was fate.  I purchase them come home, and get on blogger to see what EXACTLY I am to do!!  Take 2 TBLS of the oil…Ok, I like coconut should not be bad.   I text Donna, “got your VooDoo here I go”…she says let me know how it is!!!  I put my spoon into the oil it is like Crisco oil but smells like coconut.  I can’t get over the Crisco part mentally so I can only do 1 TBLS…I text Donna back and let her know, it was different, but the Crisco thing was too much to get over….She texts back….”you have to let it melt”!!!   OMG!!! Well of course you do….a sane person would have figured this out….not me I am literal and eating Coconut oil with a spoon!!!!  I was laughing so hard, I just ate half a TBLS of Coconut Crisco, put the other half in my protein drink and now I find out it needs to melt!!!  Ok note to self, let it melt…so on to the apple cider vinegar water.   I put 2 TBLS in my water, drink it in…It literally tastes like watered down salad dressing, but I am a vinegar fan so I can do 20 oz.   I text Donna…Water is not bad, it is not good, but I can do this….Donna texts back…I usually mix mine with Lemonade!!!  Yes, Yes, you would!!!  Not me, no no...I would drink it straight!!! Oh Lord I did it again!!!  I cannot believe how I messed up those two things so badly….I laughed for hours…I still cannot believe I was so literal!!! OMG!!!  Needless to say, I have not done the coconut oil again, though my jar is now melted and ready to go!!!  I keep forgetting to add it to my protein shake…The apple cider vinegar water with a bit of lemonade however, I have done and I do find it to be a very good water retention releaser!!!  At least for me it is and I like that….Still laughing at myself though, I see where No 1. gets her all brains and no common sense from!!!  That would be ME!!!


  1. As promised here are pics from Buddy Boys B-day dinner.  We went to the Pirate Dinner Adventure and Show….And in the pics you will notice I am wearing a new shirt as I had hoped, I was in the 280’s not 285 but 288.9 and I also included my new Easter Dress that I so badly wanted to have for Easter as well….It is very bright, but it is Springy and cute and I can wear it dressed up or down…plus at $11.99 who can argue??  So some of my short term goals met!!! Woo Hoo for that!!! Sorry so long!!!

Buddy Boy and me!!!  My little guy is 9!!

Hubby and Me with Buddy Boy….Love how thin my arms look in this picture….LOOK would be the key word there….and, Yes, I know….Buddy Boy looks just like Hubby!!!

There the real arms are!!!  My rolls are getting smaller though and I did not crop this picture…Hubby looks like a goof, but the key point here is the rolls are smaller!!


                                                               Mini Me….NO 2.  and I…

    This is a terrible family picture, but the only one I have of the night so it will have to do…the girls look good, but the rest of us need some facial and positional help!!!


The bright Easter Dress!!!  Very Green!!  Well I guess it would be more of a Spring Dress but I am wearing it to Church on Sunday for Easter, so it is my Easter dress!!!



9 comments:

  1. I LOVED all the pictures you put up!! These are great!! And I adore the Easter dress. We are doing green too this year!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Holly, green is my favorite color. I sub consciencely gravitate towards it...Even my new shirt for Buddy Noys dinner was green...must be the Irish in me!!!;)

      Delete
  2. haha kristin - now that I read this, I sure hope my text messages back didn't seem bitchy!! I was in a meeting while I was texting you back!! I'm so sorry if it sounded like "duuuhh" I did the same thing. I drank the vinegar straight a few times but then decided I'd rather do lemonade. And TRUST me that I tried the coconut oil solid. At first I was like who cares it's good, but then my best friend tried it and she was gagging and carrying on, so of course I started gagging after she did. haha! The coconut oil just turns to liquid with a tiny adjustment in the temp so it's not big deal.
    Just start cooking with the coconut oil.. I've been using it to make ground turkey and ground chicken. It's a really good low calorie oil to use!!
    I adore your green dress it's sooo pretty. And your face is looking so slim! You look young and vibrant mama!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh Donna, your texts were priceless not Bitchy at all...L was laughing so hard at myself...the lemonade one did me in...at that point I was so glad the kids were out playing, I had tears in my eyes from my epic fail!!;)

      Delete
  3. love love love the dress!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Amy...ok so what is the ring story!!;)

      Delete
  4. I love all the pictures! You are looking good!

    Sorry the scale is not cooperating! Just keep at it and it will catch up!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you Andrea...I figure eventually one of us is going to give in and seen as the band will only allow me to do so much...in the end I will win the war right!!;)

    ReplyDelete
  6. love the pics you are looking good and so proud of you for posting and not cropping!

    ReplyDelete