Created by MyFitnessPal - Nutrition Facts For Foods

Thursday, April 12, 2012

Ten Things Thursday...


Hello my Blogger Buddies,
It is Ten Things Thursday brought to us by Laura (much thanks and appreciation) and seen as I missed last Thursday, I am excited!!!  TTT is awesome, but like Rachel (Fat Fish Skinny Sea) I feel like I have only been blogging on Thursday because all of your posts seem so much more exciting and purposeful, my life is kind of boring right now!!!  I will make a better effort of blogging even if it is just to say…woo hoo, we are on a great journey here!!!  Okay on to 10 things….

  1. I spent most of my Spring Break, well all of it, working on our front yard.  When we bought our house 2 years ago, it was a repo and the yard had not been kept up…Well we are not yard people and our way of keeping it up was by pulling out the dead stuff…we live in the desert, rocks, and dirt are common!!!  Our association did not agree and after 2 years they had enough of our rocks and dirt and we were getting nasty letters….love those associations!!  NOT!!  But seriously it had been 2 years and we really needed to get it together….so we tilled the grass, racked the rock, got the sprinklers working, the bubblers working, planted 23 plants, bushes, shrubs, a great fruit tree, roses, bought more rock to add to the outline and seeded the grass area….It is beautiful, lots of gardening though and tilling soil SUCKS!!! But I got a nice sun burn while doing it, which has given my WHITENESS some color thank god!!!  Even my students have said all week, you got a tan Ms.  No, I got a burn, but yes, I am not so white anymore!! Here are some yard pics....pretend thegrass is already green!!                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                         







2.  Hubby and I met with my dad….That was huge for Hubby, and I was so proud of him for not only agreeing, but also being a participant in the conversation.  Yes, he did it mostly for me, but he also knew he needed to get some things off of his chest as well, and he did so in a very calm, mature manner and I love him all the more for that.  Our talk went well.  It had been a year since I talked with my Dad.  There was a disagreement between he and Hubby and it was just not good.  Hubby and I however, banded together, stood up for ourselves and remained united, which I think made him a little bitter.  Needless to say, there was a great deal of hurt on both sides and it was time to get it out, deal with it, agree to disagree and try to move on.   It was a good honest talk, I am glad we went and I am glad the stress of the situations is no longer on my shoulders.   

                                                                     weight lifted!!

3.I had stated in one of my first posts that weight, well more specifically my weight is something we don’t discuss with my Mother and Father and that there are very few people who to this day are aware of my WLS (except all of you of course).  My mom knows but my dad does not, still does not and not sure when or if I will share that info with him.   Hubby did make it very clear however, in our talk with my dad,  my weight was not a topic of discussion and any comments or questions about weight need not be shared while we were around.  Hubby gets very annoyed with my family and their off the charts disfunction with weight matters.   God knew I needed a man who loved me for me, not because of a number on a scale!!  WOW!!  Thank you Jesus for my fabulous, handsome Hubby!!


                                   Love, Love, Love this man!!!  Pic was taken at Thanksgiving 2011


4.  Easter was very low key for us…we went to church and everyone loved my dress!!!  Thank you to all who commented on the picture.  It is very bright and I am not sure if it is because of the miracle that I wore a dress and trust me when I say, we have been at our church for over 5 years and I have NEVER worn a dress to church, or because it is just so cheery, but I had a ton of complements on the dress and that made me feel pretty!!  So not only did Jesus rise from the dead on Sunday, but Kristin’s desire to buy more dresses did too!!! Amen !!


                  Kids on Easter, saddly, I did not get a shot of me in my dress!!  We will have to do a redo!!


5.  I got to sleep in today a little.  I am a support teacher for new teachers.  I help them work through a credentialing program, here in CA at least, called BTSA.  I have a BTSA meeting today at noon, so my morning is supposed to be filled with working on the BTSA site and making sure my teachers are up to date…as you read my TTT it is very clear what my morning has been pre-occupied with!!




6.  I let No 1. drive me to the store for the first time last week.  It was terrifying to say the least.  Being the control freak I am, I had to make a very strong effort to appear and remain clam and relaxed.  For the most part she did well.  Of course I drive a Yukon XL so driving a tank for a new driver is challenging, and we only were almost in one head on collision, for real, (turning into the grocery store parking lot, she turned into on coming traffics side of the entrance not hers…thankfully the driver understood she was a newbie!!) and by the time we got started on the way home, her breaking was already getting better….she will need more practice, and hopefully my nerves and my car survive!!




7.  No 2. got her 4.0 as she expected but boy the drama!!!  Oh Mother Nature will you hurry up already with that girl!!! Hubby and I can only take so much more of this girl and her drop of a hat crying episodes.   Hubby, turns to me the other night and says, “were you like that?  I don’t recall No 1. being like that?”  please, like I can remember when I was almost 13!!!   Soon, Hubby, very soon!!!  Thank God Buddy boy is the youngest….Hubby can deal with him!!!


8.  I go for my 4th fill on Sat.  It is amazing to me how now that I have a significant amount in there, how the first 2 weeks were pretty tight, and now I feel the ravenous monster again.  Geez, from like 2:30-4: 00, there are days when I think I could eat a cow!!!  Really, if I let myself, I think I could eat that entire hour and a half and still not be full.  I hate that time of day and no matter what I plan for that time, it hits me and I am just soooo hungry!!!  Fill me up please and thank you!!!




9.  In an effort to be fuller longer I have been adding granola to my greek yogurt.  I love the parfait at McDonalds, but since pre-op I have not had one because as yummy as it is, it is not low sugar.   So I was reading how another blogger puts granola in her yogurt and said, why not?   Bought some and love it!!  I got the just clusters and put a ¼ cup in my 5 oz yogurt…depending on the flavor of yogurt the cal count is 202-272 with the granola and the protein ranges from 14-15 grams depending again on the flavor.   I tried the fage greek yogurt with honey…though it is yummy, it is also very sweet, I can only do that one every so often.  But I have been having that for breakfast or lunch and it fills me up good…if only I could make it fill me up until 4:00!!!



10.  I am enjoying this Spring weather here in the Desert.  I have been riding my bike for my work outs.  The wind feels so good, unless it is pushing against me as I bike up the hill, then it sucks, but it is so fresh outside and I love it!!!  I will miss it come summer time…eventually I am going to try a Zumba class, just need to make it a priority….Have a wonderful day all, and thank you for the support I get from all of you. Your blogs encourage, and push me and I am so thankful to have such superstars just a click away!! xoxo

 

10 comments:

  1. aww I would just hug your hubby. what a fab guy! so glad to hear you were able to meet with your dad and lighten that load!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a lovely man to be so supportive.

    If the granola isn't helping in the yoghurt, eat it first and then eat the yoghurt after. It will sit in the pouch going down slowly and the yoghurt sits on top of it rather than all sliding down together. xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ohhh!!! Sarah, you smart one you!! I will keep that in mind for sure!!!

      Delete
  3. It sounds like you have such wonderful support in your husband. I so get that afternoon thing...ugh, hate it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know part of it is probably in my head too...but man that head bit can be worse at times!!! I need to make all of my clocks at home, work and the car stop at 1:00 and start again at 5:30!!!

      Delete
  4. Yay for the wonderful men in our lives!!! It makes all of the difference in the world! Thanks for the shout out! I am working on a post right now... which means I may actually blog on a Friday (GASP!). xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm glad the talk with your father went well. Family drama...*sigh*...I know how that goes. I'm loving this weather too! Unfortunately, I think we're REALLY gonna pay for it in July. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. And Aug!!! I don't know about AZ but in Palm Springs area Aug. Is always HELL and if it is humid!!! Forget it we gotta get up to the mountains!!! The Humidity SUCKS!!!

      Delete
  6. Love your pic with hubby...oh its hard to be mediator in the family!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Glad that things went well with your dad. It's so great that you have such a supportive hubby! Love that!

    ReplyDelete