Created by MyFitnessPal - Nutrition Facts For Foods

Tuesday, March 13, 2012

Questions,Questions, Questions???? I am trippen

I realize all of our Dr. have various beliefs, ideas and ways of working with this band, and though they install the band, they don't use the band as we do.  I have also noticed that the scale will drop 4 pounds only to put 2 back over night and then again lose the weight 1 ounce at a time for a period of 2 weeks, when it then drops another 3-4 pounds.  Don't get me wrong....I love the weight coming off and I am losing on average 1-2 pounds a week.  I am fine with all of this but I can't help but wonder if my body thinks it is starving and this is why it will put 2 pounds back on over night and then drop the same 2 pounds again very, very, very, slowly!!! 

Now my Surgeon Dr. said to keep cal count between 800-1000 a day...No worries I have been doing that.  I try to flucuate to keep my body guessing as this has been a suggestion.  At my last appt. I did not see my surgeon Dr. I saw the other Dr. and he said when I went through my check list with him that I could bump up my cal count to 1100-1200 a day....Here is my struggle....Many of you have also been told 800-1000 and some of you have been told 1100-1200.... Should I try to bump my cal count up to 1100 and see if I get a consistant weight loss with no overnight gain?  But then I struggle with the "what if's"...What if that is too many cal and my body just stores all of it and I gain, gain, gain???  What if a couple hundred more cal is all my body really needs to regulate itself and those extra cal push me into the green zone and I am on easy street???  Is there really an easy street???  What is the green zone???  I know what it means technically, but this is what my brain inturpreted the green zone as... " as long as you keep to your meals portioned, your protein and your cal count, and you keep up with your water and workouts, your band does everything else and you just lose, lose, lose???" Now what does the green zone really mean??? And not the technical definition, I know that one...the real definition... I am not in the green zone, so is this how the green zone works???  I feel restriction but go for another check up and fill on Sat..No way can I handle 3 more cc's...I know I can't with the way I feel, but could I use 1cc, or .50cc's??? I don't want be over filled.  I could just say lets wait 2 more weeks and see how I feel then....There have been more then a few times these past 10 days when I know I drank to fast, I feel it.  You have talked about PB's and slime, I have not exp. any of that and don't want to.   I have felt presure when I eat to fast and that hurts...today I think I may have had a tiny slime moment at lunch and I knew I was eating too fast...but I don't want to slime or PB everyday!!!  And if I am feeling all of this with the amount I have, do I really want to add to it??? I am thinking no...

So I am head trippen over adding cal...I want to regulate my weight loss, but I don't want to gain weight in the process...My brain tells me to add cal would add weight and that would be 2 steps back, but on the other hand....adding a little bit of cal and weight so my body can regulate may be 5 steps forward???  Do you see how crazy I have made myself over this???  I am way over analyzing everything and just out right trippen!!!  So, from you experiences....what do I do???  Obviously first I need to get over myself and then what????

13 comments:

  1. Since I'm such a baby bandster, I can't help you with most of your questions, but I DO know that if you limit your calorie intake too much, your body kicks into "starvation mode" and starts to hang onto fat instead of burning it. Good luck! I'm sure you'll get great tips from the experienced bandsters ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have literally had that exact same conversation with myself in my head. I will go two weeks and not lose an ounce and the BAM...5 pound gone overnight...and then BAM...two pounds gained over night. I don't get it all either...I just keep doing what I think I am supposed to do and hope it keeps coming off like it has been.

    ReplyDelete
  3. ok tell me all of this stuff first. What time of the day and how often do you weigh yourself? How much water do you drink every day?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Donna, I weigh first thing in the morning after I use the restroom and I have a 64oz cup I fill with ice 3/4 full so liquid is only like 48 oz...I will have at least 3 of those sometimes 4 or 1/2 of the 4th...2 are always water 1 is ice tea the fourth is water so...and yes I am BAD I have been weighing every morning trying to figure this trend thing out...

      Delete
    2. I weigh myself everyday too, I can't even help it!!! Well, I would try what the dr said, try bumping up to 1100 cals. Just remember when you're weight flucuates, you're not putting on lbs of fat that fast, so don't stress about that. You're just up and down with fluids etc. That's the price both of us pay for weighing ourselves everyday! If you eat around 1100 calories this week and you don't lose weight, then move it back down. Most of all don't stress!! You are doing so so so well!! You're workouts are going awesome, don't sweat the small stuff!! (I know I'm being a hypocrit because I had the same stress a few weeks ago. but I'm on the other side of it now, so just know you'll get past it and you're good to go!!)

      Delete
    3. P.S. Ask Andrea about this as well, I think she said she loses the most weight when she eats around 1100 cals! See what she has to say!

      Delete
  4. I am not a band person so I can't answer anything but I have felt this way before. Hang in there

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'd also watch your salt intake as I know that does havoc with my scale. And is usually the reason behind one of my sudden unexplained gains. Hang in there, the green zone, as far as I can tell, is different for everyone, it all depends on how you react to restriction. Don't be afraid to test the waters with you fill level, if you are following band rules and get hungry after an hour or two, than you just may need a small fill.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I was at 800-100 calories a day but I am too hungry right now so I moved it up to 1200 calories...I'm still losing roughly 1-2lbs a week...can't wait for my first fill though

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow...that's a lot of thoughts swirling around in that heads of yours. First, as to the fill...You should be able to eat 1- 1 1/2 cups of food and feel satisfied for 3-4 hours. If you can't, then you need a fill. I have never been one to count calories, protein and all that mess. It's just too much work for me. I measure my portions and try to make it protein and veggies most of the time and eat the protein first. I do agree with Sam that sodium can have a huge impact on my fluctuations as well.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I haven't had a band...I am a sleever, but my mind whirls and I have had stalls and gains as well. So I understand the emotions of it all. I appreciate the counsel you're getting and the opportunity to read about our similar walks. I will be visiting again! :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. You are all so wonderful!! Thank you for your input and support...It is so helpful to know there are others who understand, have the same quesitons, have walked the same roads, and who are there to help when they can...What a blessing you all are to me...Thank you, Thank you..xoxo Kristin

    ReplyDelete
  10. I stay in the range of 1,000-1,400 calories a day and aim for 1,200. I was doing less than a 1,000, but I actually noticed I started losing more when I bumped up the calories. I work out a lot though so that could have something to do with it. I think you just have to try different things and see what your body does. Everyone is different. You'll figure it out over time.

    ReplyDelete