Created by MyFitnessPal - Nutrition Facts For Foods

Friday, March 23, 2012

I Tested it!!!

Ok just in case any other,"I am always right, and I will prove it", People are out there I did a little test!!!

I use and love myfitnesspal.com...it has been a fabulous tool for me and it is so easy because it is an app on my phone and my phone is with ma ALWAYS!!! I am a bit of an addict....( Hello, My name is Kristin and I am an iPhone addict)...anyway, at the end of every completed day myfitnesspal gives you a weight message..."in 5 weeks you will weigh -----" if you were to eat and workout in the same food and calorie range as that day...so 5 weeks ago it said let's see if this is true...I counted forward 5 weeks, that is today and I should weigh 275.4...No I do not I weigh 288...so though I love myfitnesspal that portion of it is a LIAR!!! At least this time around!!;) To be fair I will experiment for another 5 weeks starting today and see if we get closer to the next targeted weight...

So any other myfitnesspal people try this yet?? Was it correct?...I am curious now!! Have a good weekend!!;)

8 comments:

  1. I have totally tried it...several times. And MFP has been a liar to me every time. I'm glad I'm not the only one who has done "the test" :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I use myfitnesspal too. Here's the deal, IF you were to eat exactly the same things that you recorded on the day it told you the ..." in 5 weeks.....". U would weigh what it said. BUT no one can eat the same, have the exact same amount of activity, , every day.

    Here's what I take from it, it's just a nice message to keep us motivated.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ok this part has always annoyed me slightly b/c I never weigh what it says I will in 5 weeks. I'm kinda loving you for calling MFP out on this one. Now I don't feel so bad!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Not even CLOSE! That thing annoys me so much!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I agree, I just ignore that part of MFP. Bah!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I don't have one but I agree with OC. No one can eat the exact same thing and have the exact same amount of activity every day. WHAT you eat makes up a big proportion of this. You can hit the same number of calories every day but you've also got to hit the same amt of protein, carbs, sodium, etc. AND it can't take into account ANY variation of your body itself...time of month, stress, etc.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Haha, yeah that is the only thing I don't like about my fitness pal because that is never right!

    ReplyDelete
  8. It has been telling me for weeks that I will be in "onederland". ug!!! Still hanging out in "twoterville". :) Oh well...thanks for testing it. I feel better to not be the only one. :)

    ReplyDelete