Created by MyFitnessPal - Nutrition Facts For Foods

Saturday, February 18, 2012

My First Fill!!

Hello all happy Saturday!! I had my first fill today!! 3cc plus the one that was in from surgery so I have 4cc's...not to bad, very interesting sensation for sure but not painful. I told the Dr. I felt a lot sensation by my belly button area...my port is about 6 inches below my right breast no were near my belly button... He said there were a lot of nerves in the area that is why. So he found my port, pulled out some air and then in with the saline!! Very quick and easy!! I go back in 2 weeks for 3cc more.

On a differant note I think I may have found the culprit as to why I lost nothing last week and in fact gained... I went from 297.1 last Sat. To 299.1 on Mon. With no change in my daily food just increase in work outs...I was bummed that Sat was my fill and literally until yesterday all week long the scale read 299.1!!! Uggg!!! So I looked at my carb count.. Good.... Looked at calories and food choices...good...looked atthe crystal light box to check out the sodium!!!! BINGO!!!! There is 35 mg of sodium in 8 oz of crystal light lemonade... I have been living on crystal light lemonade for drinking purposes... Not water, not tea, all day tons and tons of crystal light over 84 oz a day!!! Holy Crap!!! With that much sodium why did I not pay attention to that??? I might as well been drinking diet coke with all that sodium (no worries I have had not soda in over 8 weeks)!!! Sowed when I realized this I started right away with water to flush it all out.. Gallons of water the past 2 days!!! So today I fo for 6 week post-op check up and first fill and scale read.....296.1!!!!! Woo hoo!!! I did not make my desired 30 pounds by 6 weeks post but I will take 29!!!

Lesson learned... Crystal Light Lemonade is NO substitute for WATER!!! Hope the rest of your weekend is fabulous!!!

10 comments:

  1. wow...3 more cc's in two more weeks?? I could have never handled that. I don't even have that much now...I am at 6 cc's (3 months post op). I don't drink the Crystal Light at all. I just drink plain water...it gets boring. Why can't Mt. Dew be healthy for you??? :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes...seemed like a lot to me too but I have a 14cc band not a 10cc...we shall see how it goes!!! Every Dr. Does everything so differently too, from pre-op diet to post- op diet to fills and unfills...it would be a little more helpful if the policy and procedures were not so drastically different would it!!!

      Delete
  2. If you like the lemonade taste you could try a splash of lemon juice w/ Splenda instead. Also, I like crystal light but I try not to drink it at full strength. For example, I use 2 of the single serve packets of crystal light in my giant 3L water bottle. It gives some flavor but dilutes the sweetness and the sodium.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good suggestion A. J... Don't get me wrong I love water and I have no issue drinking water or tea, but psychologically having flavor makes me still feel "normal" seen as soda is out (and I was not a huge soda drinker it's just the principle...NO SODA EVER!!)...does that make sense??? But I like the diluting idea...can't believe I overlooked the sodium!!! Live and learn on this journey right??!! Then move forward!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I totally dilute Crystal Lite as well. I take my 20 oz water bottle, put in a 1/4 CL and then rest water and it gives the water a hint of flavor when plain water gets boring. Good thinking on the sodium tho, I didn't realize it had SO much either! Glad the fill didn't hurt!! I don't have one until Mid March so awhile for me.

    ReplyDelete
  5. One more thing - It must just be that Crystal Lite. I checked my pantry and I have Rasberry Lemonade and Green Tea Mango and both are under 5ml and the Rasberry Lemonade has 0 sodium. So I would switch flavors and then still dillute and that should solve some of the issue :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Awesome loss! Congrats :) Water really does make a huge difference. I'm glad you stuck around to read my forever-long post, and I'm sorry it took you two days lol. I was quite chatty. Happy to hear that that wicked Wii makes that sound for everyone and that it's nothing personal.

    ReplyDelete
  7. congrats on the fill. I do like a little lemon and stevia, I think it is a yummy treat...but I am a crystal lite junky!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Glad your first fill went well! Yeah, I try and stay away from Crystal Light. Glad you figured out the culprit and the weight is going back down!

    ReplyDelete