Created by MyFitnessPal - Nutrition Facts For Foods

Thursday, February 16, 2012

Well tomorrow marks 6 weeks banded and on Sat. I get my first fill!! I think I am ready, yesterday I felt like a bottomless pit!!! I controlled the inner pitmaster but every once in a while there are days when I just can't seem to feel full!!

Now I have to be honest, I am happy, excited, overjoyed and so very very disappointed all at the same time... I am so happy I did this. What a fabulous life change this has been for me so far. I am excited to continue on this journey, discover new ways to live life healthy and become the me on the outside I know I am on the inside. I am overjoyed to share all of this with such fantastic supporters, encouragers and new friends such as yourselves. I am disappointed however with he scale. Maybe I unrealistically idealized the process, but at this point I thought I would be farther along by now... Maybe I am being unrealistic? I honestly thought by my 6 week mark plus my 2 week pre-op I would be down 30 pounds...was wishing it would be closer to 40... I am not!!:/ I am down 27-28 (so close, but so far, scale keeps teetering and I have lost zero this week... In fact I have gained!!! How I don't know, the only change was an increase in work out. Food calories and choices have stayed the same, wafer/crystal light lemonade increased slightly. Portions the same. TOM has been over for a week and a half now so no worries there. But the scale and I seem to be working against each other this week... Very bummed seen as Sat I go weigh in and was really really looking forward to a 30+ weight loss... Such is life...

On the positive side the inches are melting away!! In fact I wish the pounds were melting as quickly as the inches. I know I am doing what I need to be doing and I know my body is very comfortable at tipping the 300 pound mark it lived there for many years, but it is time to move on... Well down from here!!! I realize the regulation of all of this is going to take time to balance, just a little to fixated on a number I guess!!

Tomorrow is a new day right!! Maybe tomorrow is the morning my body decides to let go!! Here is to hoping!!!

2 comments:

  1. Don't be upset at that loss, you are doing amazing!!! Let me know how your first fill goes! And Awesome to know the inches are coming off, that is what truly matters, not the number on the scale :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my word, 30 lbs in 8 weeks. That is incredible. I had my band fitted in October and have lost 12.5 lbs since the surgery! Please don't be disheartened by your fabulous loss. It is going in the right direction and it is going for good. xx

    ReplyDelete