Created by MyFitnessPal - Nutrition Facts For Foods

Monday, April 16, 2012

Clothes...and the way they make you feel...

Hello Blogger Beauties,
Hope this Monday is finding you all ready for a new week!!

Clothes is the topic of my blog today as I have had some interesting things happen lately!!!
#1.. my pants size 24's are all too big and my 22's are 50/50 ...Yay!!! but I try to still wear a few of them, because I just need to...I had to go to the bank the other day and as I was walking up to the door, I put my phone in my back pocket...I get to the door, it is the double kind, where you walk into one door, you are in a little path, the door closes behind you and you can't open the door in front of you to get into the bank until the door behind you is secured...well it is as I am in the holding area that my phone rings...mind you I am in a holding area and you know there are camera's all over...I am in a bank!!!  I go to retrieve my phone, but it is not in my back pocket???  How is this?? I know I just put it in my back pocket and I hear it behind me...well with my pants being TOO large, and me being in a hurry, I did not put my phone in my back pocket, I put it down my pants.  The waist area has become so large, that I actually put my phone in my pants not my back pocket and now, it is ringing and I need to answer it...Do I shimmy and shake and let it fall down my pant leg on to the floor?  Do I dig in my butt area on CAMERA and get it before it falls?? I have like 2 sec to figure this out as the door behind me is almost closed and I must open the door in front of me....I dug!!!  Right there on camera in the little holding area, I stuck my hand down my pants and I am sure I looked like I was pulling out the biggest wedgy you could think of...Oh and it was signing...Ke$ha's song Tic Toc....this is what people heard as they saw me digging in my pants Oh, and filmed me because I am on Bank camera!!.....
" Don't stop make it rock D.J. blow my speakers up, tonight Ima fight till we see the sunlight, Tic Toc on the clock but the party don't stop...whoa whoa whao, whoa, whoa, whoa,"....Nice!!!  Clothes can embarrass you!!

#2..Hubby and I have these t-shirts we got for helping out at a fundraiser for the kids school.   I got a 2XL he has an XL...Even the 2XL was too tight, so to wear it I put my knees in the front to stretch it out and feel a little bit better and like I had room to breath...Well after the fundraiser, we don't need the shirts and who is going to wear a shirt like that out in public just to wear??? NO ONE!!  Fundraiser event only...so I wear my shirt as a PJ shirt.   Saturday I am getting ready for bed and I pull out this shirt.  I put it on and look down, I look in the mirror, I don't need to stretch it out with my knees...it is lose, I don't feel restricted, it fits around my waist fine and looks the way it should have looked to begin with I guess?  I make a mental note, and kind of question when on earth is a 2XL going to look HUGE on me??  I mean I know I have not lost 100 pounds or anything, but you would think at least by now, it would feel and look bigger then it does.. Oh well, and I chalk it up to clothes let you know you still have a ways to go...  Sunday, I am folding the laundry and I come across  the other fundraiser shirt.  I hold it up to get it straight and neat to be folded and I notice this is a very large shirt.  I look at the tag....2XL....2XL!!!!! Wait....that means the one I have on is Hubby's and it is XL??!!??  I take the shirt off, read the tag....yes, yes, yes!!!  I had Hubby's shirt on the entire night!!! The XL and I didn't even stretch it out!!!  I ran into Hubby look, look, I have on your shirt, not mine!!!  Clothes can make you feel excited and prove to yourself, you are working hard, it is working, and a difference can be seen and felt!!!   Yay for clothes!!!  Well the ones that don't embarrass you or make you feel fat anyway!!

Have a fabulous Monday everyone!!xoxo

16 comments:

  1. those were great stories!!!! and huge NSV...good for you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What an amazing surprise. Congratulations xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was amazing Sarah!!! Very unexpected!!;)

      Delete
  3. How exciting!!!! Keep up the good work.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ha ha ha...your butt was ringing :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No Barbie, my butt was singing..."don't stop, make it rock"!!! OMG I was mortified!!!;) lol...

      Delete
  5. kristin weren't you the one that blogged about dropping your drawers on a walk right after surgery? LOL!!! You have the BEST pants stories :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Why yes, yes, that was me!!! My kids think they are hilarious too!! I had No2. And her BFF rolling as they read this today...then No2. Says more Mom tell us more, cuz I plan all of these adventures!!!;) lol!!!

      Delete
  6. Oh my!! This was a great post! You are cracking me up! And the tshirt NSV is FAB-U-LOUS! Your work is paying off!

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is the best feeling ever. To fit into smaller clothes! Congrats!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hahaha @ #1!!! It's such a great feeling when your clothes get too big!

    ReplyDelete