Created by MyFitnessPal - Nutrition Facts For Foods

Friday, March 16, 2012

BYOC!!!



1.  How do you feel about college?  If you have kids or siblings - will you encourage or require them to go?  How long did you go and what for? 

I believe in College.  I believe it is expensive but I also believe for myself it was a very eye opening, real, life exp. that trained and taught me to be a more open minded person, able to deal with all walks of life in a more favorable fashion, and allowed me the time I needed to transition from High School teenager to young working, responsible adult.   I do have children and yes we encourage them to go to college.  However, we have also made it clear that college is not for everyone, and if for some reason they were more inclined to go to a trade school, or to further their education on a different level then that would be acceptable as well. 
No they will not be allowed to sit around after HS and watch TV on the couch all day!! Our desire is that they go to college and learn all about the subject matter that interest them.  They are each their own person, however, and they are going to have to figure out life choices when the time comes.  

Yes, I went to college for 3.5 years as and under grad....(took summer school every year and was done, 6 mos early!!)  Then 2 more years to get my teaching credential.  I got married and had a baby so I literally took one class at a time, thus the 2 years...

2.  Pink or purple?  Coke or Pepsi?  Pen or pencil?  Cursive or printing?  Ketchup or mustard?

Depends on the day and mood
Well not suposed to have soda!!;0) but Coke
Pen and they must be a variety of color...My ADD kicks in when I have to write a lot so I need to change up the color or I get bored!!
Cursive is what I will usually write in...However, when I taught Kinder I had to print...Now that I am in HS and they have stopped teaching cursive writing in my District (a tragic shame) I still have to print or they have no idea what I have written....
Ketchup and Mustard....espeacially with corndogs!! Yum!!

3.  If you could live in any generation - which one would it be?

I am with Drazil...80s - the music alone was by far just epic!!  Madonna hair, MTV, VH1, 21 jump street, Pretty in Pink, 16 candels all of the John Hughes fills...a simpler time in life with magical memories.  Cabbage Patch kids, rolling my jeans, big clips and hoop earings.  Junior High and the first 2 years of High School were the best!!!  tricked out VW bugs in every color you could imagine, my beach cruiser...I could go on and on!!

4.  What do you sleep in?

Jammies...Usually pants or capri sets....Rarely do I sleep with just a jammie shirt I have to have bottoms...just can't do the birthday suit...we have tried and it just doesn't work for us....

5.  Repeat question - summarize your week!

My week has been a good week.   I can't complain to bad.   The scale and I are trying to work things out.
Work has gone by quickly and that is a plus... Went out to eat with my old school and Principal last night and we just died laughing it was great....My mom is coming down tonight to spend the weekend with us and hang out with the kiddo's...Hubby has had a steady sub gig all week...I will finish up my table runner tomorrow...Blog land has been great...I continue to find new friends, chat with others, laugh and cry along the way and make new memories with and because of all of you...

2 comments:

  1. I love your 80's movies..those are my faves too! I am short, so I was all about the cuffed rolled jeans....it totally helps a short girl not worry about getting jeans hemmed. Let's bring it back!

    I think a lot of districts have stopped teaching cursive. My HS kids NEVER used cursive...I don't think any of them even knew how.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That whole cursive thing blows my mind!

    ReplyDelete